The parish church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Zajezda, Budinšćina municipality, is a medieval building from the second half of the 15th century. with a polygonal sanctuary vaulted radial vault, a wide nave recently covered with a tabulata, a lateral Baroque chapel located along the southern wall, a Baroque lobby, and a bell tower located along the northern wall of the sanctuary. The wooden inventory consists of a quality Baroque altar of St. Peter. St. Joseph’s Church in the side chapel from 1749 with a rare depiction of the scene of the Throne of Grace on the Attica, the altar of the Blessed Virgin Mary in the vestibule from the beginning of the 19th century, and two altars from the end of the 19th century. On the wall of the triumphal arch towards the nave are fragments of a medieval painting.
Under the designation Z-2843 it is listed as an immovable cultural property – individually, of legal status protected cultural property, classified as “sacral architectural heritage”.
Pastor: Rev. Andrija Jambreuš
Address: Zajezda 59, 49284 Budinšćina
Phone: 049 459 024